Saturday, July 31, 2010

Geodesic Dome---- A Crazy assignment?


The tip from studiomaster- dome calculator!!


It showed the length of strut!! Amazing!!


The diagram was showed by dome calculator.



First, I sketched my own idea on book...



Cutting bamboo stick....


UHU~~ UHU~~Glue the sticks~~




So proud~~~ I have done it!! Ha! Ha!


It looked like another form of art....



My product and me! . (-W-).



On Wednesday, the studio lecturer,1B gave us a crazzzzy assignment. Why am i calling it crazzy? He wanted us to build a dome, a geodesic dome with satay stick. Many stars started flying around my head, how can do it?
Now, I can see a sinister smile appearing on his face... Oh My God!!! Luckily he gave us a tip---Dome calculator. We can use it, just input the radius of the dome, it will show us the length of strut....
So, I prepared the material - bamboo satay stick, UHU glue, cellophane tape, and wire. First, just cutting the bamboo stick in length as calculated by dome calculator. Then, glueing the stick into the shape as showed in dome calculator..
We could reinforce the shape by using cellophane tape and wire. Finally, we could celebrate for complete our assignment...
I spent a whole day to done it with my dying will. Although I am tired but it is happy to see my product....^.^

1 comment: